Monday, March 4, 2019

Studenting

4 March, 2019
Today was my first day of school at Tecun Uman Spanish School! My teacher's name is Rosa and she is very talkative.
Concentrating in Spanish for 4 hours straight was a challenge, but we do get a coffee break.
After homework, I went walking in the afternoon and found my way to Antigua's iconic and picturesque Santa Catalina Arch.

The Arch is near the central park and there are a lot of perambulating street peddlers, who can be a bit tiresome in their insistence. There were a couple of artists painting on the street as well. I stopped to talk with an artist named Geraldo, who was creating exquisitely detailed small watercolors of buildings, doorways, etc. He had a style I really liked and I think I will buy one of his paintings. 

I wandered around a bit more and found this doozy of a restaurant sign. I don't think so, Randy.


Just now there was thunder and then a few minutes later, rain. The rain seems incredibly loud because of the corrugated tin roofs. My ceiling is made of large wooden beams, but apparently on top is tin.

I am grateful I got home before the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment