Saturday, March 9, 2019

Frogs and Pupusas

09 March, 2019

I found this little restaurant my first day in Antigua, after wandering around in the marketplace.
My sister likes frogs, so it reminded me of her. I don't know if there is a story about a frog and a snake, but they went with frogs for the decor.
If you aren't familiar with pupusas, they have posted an explanation, complete with instructions. I'm definitely going to make these at home. 
In this restaurant, there is only a mini kitchen at the back, and you can watch the proprietor patting the pupusas between her hands. It looks easy, but I'm sure it takes practice for them to be smooth and even, and not fall apart while cooking.
This is a Catholic church which was destroyed in the earthquake. There are many many ruined churches in Antigua; at one time there were over 30 churches and now there are around 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment