Monday, March 18, 2019

Introduction to San Pedro La Laguna

18 March, 2019

I started today at my new Spanish school, Corazon Maya. I guess I had a little bit of "first day of school" nerves, because I didn't even think to take any photos while I was there.

The house I'm staying in has a lot of street noise and the lighting in my room isn't very strong, so I went to a cafe to do my homework. Is this not the most beautiful iced mocha ever?

The family that owns Cafe Cristalinas roast and grind their own cocoa and coffee beans, all grown locally. I saw them sorting raw beans on a big screen bottomed box in the back.
 I walked around the town for a while afterward to see what I could see (like the bear that went over the mountain).

Some gorgeous views of the lake...

This is a peek at the garden of another  school, the Community Spanish School. I dropped in to chat with one of the owners, they are very nice. The garden is small but really lush and beautiful, at the lower end opening onto the lake. The student-teacher pairs have their lessons under the little thatched gazebos.
A museum which I passed by and which looks interesting.
This tiny alley with an amazing mural is near the house where I'm staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment