Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Heavy loads, coffee, and Flemitos

20 March, 2019

On the way to school, I saw this elderly gent walking. He is carrying something unidentified, but very heavy based on the way he was moving. I frequently see Mayan men carrying things this way: a rope or strap holding the load is put around the forehead and the load is on the back. 
Examples I have seen include gasoline canisters and stacks of cinder blocks.
Mayan women carry heavy loads by making a little crown of cloth and balancing the load on their heads. 

Another day at my favorite Cafe Chuasenayi. The owner is raking the drying coffee beans.

Homework time: iced coffee, shade, and the little cat.

Still coughing a bit from the smog inhalation, so I thought I would try a herbal cough syrup instead of medicine. The name "Flemitos" sounds like a really gross snack food, and it tastes about like it sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment