Saturday, March 2, 2019

Arrived in Guatemala City

02 March 2019

Headed to Guatemala for 8 weeks of Spanish language immersion courses... and any adventures that happen along the way!

 
 
Early morning flying over Guatemala, shortly before landing. Look at those volcanic mountain ranges, wreathed in clouds!
 
My first view of an active volcano, complete with plume of smoke... I was later informed by my Driver that this is Mt. Pacaya.

.

The flight arrived a little early, and a staff from Guatemala Dental Team met me to bring me to their office (via Uber).

If anything can make me smile after traveling all night and then having a root canal in the morning, it's these cute lil cartoon teeth!
  


This is a video walkthrough of my beautiful Airbnb room here in Guatemala City, arranged for me in advance by the staff at Guatemala Dental Team.


Oh yes, and the walk in shower, which was hiding behind the door.
Built in hot water, rather than a flash heater (if there's hot water at all) is quite the luxury in much of Central & South America.


My wonderful Airbnb host, Claudia, made me a lovely simple breakfast this morning. Fresh juiced watermelon from her mom Any, Guatemalan coffee, eggs, beans, queso fresco, and bread. So much better than the packet of instant oatmeal in my backpack!!!


 At 10:00 my ride arrived and we said goodbye. My eyes were closed because I was laughing, she was teasing me about being so tall.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment