Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Doors!

11 September 2019

Those of you who have been following my blog may have noticed that I have a thing for interesting manhole covers and doors. Today I saw a lot of interesting doors and other architectural features!

I started off my wandering in La Latina, with lunch at the vegan restaurant VivaBurger. The food was incredible, and it was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the day and people watch (even though there were not many people about). 

 

After lunch, I just started walking... love all the outdoor cafe seating. 

 

Just a typical street, but the colors and lines appealed to me.


Door Number 1: This door was bizarrely tall, and the carving on it seems to imply that it was once prosperous and well cared for. The graffiti, on the other hand, shows it has fallen on hard times. 



Further along I saw this cool round window with an interesting iron grating.
 
 
 
What the heck kind of key fits into this lock? 
 

 
The light was terrible, but if you zoom in on this photo you may be able to see all the incredible details of this door: the iron scrollwork at the top windows, the carved embellishments, and the knobs and knockers. 
 
 
 
Again, poor lighting but the door had beautiful details. Each door is so different!
 
 
 
Not a door, but rather a large multilevel department store (Primark), complete with an animated light show displaying on the inner plexiglass walls.
 

And lastly, I will leave you with this image of a person in a giant koala suit in Callao Plaza. No, I don't know why.


No comments:

Post a Comment