Monday, September 23, 2019

Atocha, Fish, and a High-Rise Sunset

 23 September 2019

Today I went to the shop where I bought a SIM card for my mobile phone to investigate why I couldn't get service when I traveled to Germany. The shop was a couple of blocks from the main downtown train station, Atocha. The station is enormous and the old part of the building is beautiful. I'm sure I'll be back to photograph it inside and out.

The building across the way with the striking statuary on top is the Ministerio de Agricultura, Pesca y Alimentación (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Food).

Haven't figured out the whole siesta thing here yet. The mobile phone shop was closed from 2-5:00PM, so I had some time to kill. Just a few doors down was a very Spanish looking bar/restaurant, so I decided to sit down and have lunch. The accent here is VERY different from Latin American Spanish, so I honestly had no idea what I ordered because I couldn't understand a word the owner said. I did NOT expect this terrifying looking fish.

 
Dessert was more to my taste, a yellow cake with a hint of almond. 

The Airbnb I'm staying in is an apartment away from the city center, on the top floor. The view from here is fantastic and tonight's sunset was no exception.

Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment