Friday, June 29, 2012

Capital Inicial

29 June 2012

On this particular Friday night I went to a rock concert with my Brazilian friends. We paid an amazingly low price for tickets for a really great show, just R$35 - and I bought mine late, earlier on they were R$30. That is less than USD$20. I think back home a similar show would have cost at least twice that. The music was good, the special effects and videos were good, and the lead singer played the audience well.



Along with their own songs, they also performed covers by the Clash and the Ramones which were a lot of fun and well done.
The lead singer was wearing a T-shirt and floppy ganster-style stocking cap, and the lead guitarist in cowboy gear. Funny combo, but it works here.
Here's the video footage I took at the show - you might want to reduce the volume before clicking "play" because my camera's microphone isn't too great and there's plenty of distortion. Anyway, you can get an idea of the visual part of the show. Sadly, the part where fire shot up out of the stage was too out of focus to include it, it was cool.

Post-show group photos are mandatory in Brazil!  Hmmmm, I didn't think our group was that large and I don't recognize everyone, so maybe some "extras" got into the photo...

After the show it was 2:00 AM, still early by Brazilian standards, so we went to a nearby bar/lancheria to hang out.
Old fuddy duddy that I am, I called it a night at 3:00 and went home, hitting the pillow at 4:00 AM. I think I'm getting too old for this, but it was fun anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment