Thursday, May 24, 2012

Burst Pipes

24 May 2012

Just after snuggling down in my bed, I heard a "crackkkk" sound followed by the sound of gushing water. I leapt out of bed to see water quickly flooding the bathroom and starting into the living room. Not even takin gtime to put on shoes, I ran to the main house to get the owners, and by the time we ran back, the part of the living room where my computer sits was totally flooded and the water was heading for the bedroom. I tried to use the area rugs to keep the water out of the bedroom, while the owner climbed on the roof of the building next door to shut off the water. (I don't really understand why the water shutoff is there.)

Next came the fun part, trying to mop up as much of the water as possible with towels and basins, so that the carpet wouldn't get moldy. There was about an inch of water on the floor and it all happened within ten minutes. Thank goodness I was home and awake when it happened or the whole place would have been like that old Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Thankfully the weather was still warm enough to have the windows open to help dry the place out.

Here are some pics I took after everyone left and before going to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment