Thursday, August 23, 2012

Carreteiro Americana

23 August 2012

Yesterday the song playing in the supermarket while I was shopping was "Fireflies" by Owl City. This is a song I used in many of my classes in Brazil, and my eyes filled with tears as a sudden wave of emotion rolled over me. Whoosh.

I miss Brazil, and particularly my friends there, so much it hurts, so I push the feeling away. This is the part of reverse culture shock that I haven't learned how to handle, after several countries. I'm still working on it...

Anyway, this evening I made some Brazilian comfort food, Arroz de Carreteiro (Wagon Driver's Rice). Basically it's the Brazilian version of shepherd's pie - whatever you have lying around, cooked with rice.


Now if only I could be eating it in Brazil...

No comments:

Post a Comment