Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Final night in Brazil

18 July 2012

Spent the day sorting through papers, books, clothes and a year's worth of my life. I can't believe it's already over; in some ways I'm finally getting acculturized here. (Yes, I made up that word, so there.) Just when you get over culture shock, reverse culture shock is waiting!

One last churrasco at the restaurant Centenario with my friends. More were there than this, but the Obligatory Brazilian Group Photowas taken with someone else's camera.
And it's never too late to make new friends! These wonderful gentlemen are expats from Peru. Maybe I should go to Peru, if all the people are so nice. (Not to mention that Peru has some of the most amazing archaeological sites in the world...)

Arrived back at my house feeling very tearful, but then I got a look at my bed and was shocked out of it. Where am I sleeping tonight?

I have been on the verge of tears so often in the last few weeks, sometimes even broken down crying. Leaving Brazil is so hard. I will write a suitably weepy and emotional post when I get back to California; now there is simply too much to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment