Friday, March 16, 2012

Yellow and Green Caipirinhas

16 March 2012

Friday night - it was looking to be a quiet one and I was getting ready for an evening spent reading in bed, when I received a call from a friend to go out for drinks.  So off I went, bringing another teacher with me, to a bar called Santa Fe, where we met up with my friend and her (Brazilian) English teacher from another school.  Yes, I was fraternizing with the competition!

It was the first time I'd been upstairs, and I was glad that I did because there was live music.  A male guitarist/singer and a female singer performed many songs I remembered from the 80's... sort of a warm-up for tomorrow night's event, but I'm getting ahead of myself now.

We had a good time and tried new and exciting flavors of caipirinhas in Brazilian flag colors - maracuja (passionfruit) and kiwi.

No comments:

Post a Comment