Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday shopping downtown

10 February 2012

Today was a bit cooler, so I went downtown to do a bit of shopping at the natural food store.  I had never been there before.  It is small but it's been so long since I have been in a natural food store that it was fabulous!  Acidophilus, tofu, tahine, cranberry juice, spices, dried fruit, quinoa...

If I had just gone straight there and back, it would have been the right amount of walking; however, I gave in to temptation and wandered around downtown for another hour or so.  My foot is now letting me know most emphatically that I should have ridden the bicycle.

This little girl was playing on the statue in the main plaza, so cute!

I also bought some shoes.  I was looking for sandals, but found these faux-Crocs and tried them on out of curiosity to see what the fuss is all about.  The original Crocs shoes were so ugly I just couldn't get over the appearance.  However, they have now come out with some more attractive models like these.  The back strap can be worn over the heel or in the front.  They are surprisingly cute!

The shoes have some kind of cushiony insole that feels like an airbed for the feet, it's heavenly!  With the tendonitis problem on the bottom of my heel lingering for six months now, these shoes seemed like a great buy, and amazingly enough, weren't even expensive.  Cheaper, in fact, than many pairs of flip-flops here.

No comments:

Post a Comment