Saturday, January 31, 2015

SBGAL: Franceschi Park Walk

31 January 2015

I am excited to be a new member of Santa Barbara Girlfriends Adventure league, a group of amazing women who get together and brave sunburn, poison oak, blisters, and ticks to spend time together hiking in the Great Outdoors.

Here are some photos I took on the first hike of 2015 and my first hike with them. Have to be quick to take photos or take them while walking, as pauses are infrequent and the pace is fast. I was quickly disabused of the idea that these were leisurely hikes.

Here we are pausing for about 3 minutes at Franceschi Park to admire the view.


 And a gorgeous view of Santa Barbara it was, too. Perfect sunny day.


The "Frog Wall". I would be interested to know how this got started, as it's clearly been there for a while and is a real piece of community collaboration!





Heading back to Rocky Nook Park at the finish.



And that was Day 1... I met so many people, it's a good thing we have name tags. Looking forward to getting to know these fabulous women!

No comments:

Post a Comment