Thursday, July 5, 2012

Children's final day and presentations

05 July 2012

Today was the final day of the children's classes and they made a presentation for their parents and fellow students - the audience was not as big as at the whole-school party in December, but it was enough. Especially because it was raining and so we had to cram the audience inside a classroom and the kids performed in the doorway.

This group, shown with their teacher, who is British, read a story about their hero, SuperPig, who saved the world from Old MacDonald and his evil plot to take over the world with Mint Soap. SuperPig's powers include throwing bacon which he fries in a special frying pan, and soap renders him powerless. I nearly died laughing.

 These two students recited poetry. They started out in my class, but 2/3 of the way through the semester were moved to a new class - they were both older and higher level than the remaining four I had, so the split worked out for the best, but I was a bit sad to not have them as my students anymore.

A group of preteen girls did a short pop song/dance routine, including two whom I had taught in previous semesters.
 My students performed a short scene which they adapted from the book and film "Diary of a Wimpy Kid".
I was very proud of my students. During the semester we read part of the book and watched the film in English, and they improved so much in both reading and speaking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment